One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
As Project Engineer, you will provide engineering support on a wide range of turnkey telecoms projects. Primary tasks include: systems design, preparation of engineering documents, testing and commissioning of telecoms systems. As a team, we will work in collaboration with Project Management to ensure the effective delivery of projects and services to SI customers, and we assist with the Sales Group for technical consultation and estimates for bids and proposalsThe day-to-day
What You'll Need
- Operate within a virtual project team, lead engineer for a system or systems, liaise with other engineers and technicians during the lifecycle of a project.
- Handle the detailed design, production of project documents & drawings, configuration, pre-FAT testing, and conduction of client witnessed FATs (PAGA, CCTV, ACS, Radio, LAN, WAN, SCS, IDS, etc.)
- Liaise with suppliers & third parties and assist the Project Management for a smooth and successful delivery of each Project on time and budget, ensuring that all agreed customer requirements are met.
- Travel and attend client kick-off meetings, project review meetings, and vendor / supplier FATs
- Travel for site installation supervision, site commissioning and witnessing SATs, both onshore and offshore
- Support the RigNet Quality program within SI operations to uphold the highest quality standards.
- Ensure compliance and maintainability of an ISO certification across the SI organization performing appropriate gate checks to audit/monitor alignment to this program.
What Will Help You On The Job
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability of an Operational Engineering environment preferably in the Energy Industry
- 5+ years of significant experience of Projects work with PAGA (Public Address General Alarm), CCTV (Closed Circuit TV), and/or RF (Radio Frequency)
- Capable of working under pressure and the ability to multi-task optimally both independently and within a team
- Must be located in the United States
- Associates Degree in a relevant technical subject.
- Travel may be required locally and internationally
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant technical subject.
$117,450.00 - $193,600.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.EEO statement
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.