Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
Seeking a talented and highly motivated RF Engineer that will contribute to the development of RF payloads for space applications.
- This candidate will be an architect for RF payload system concepts involving integration of RF/Digital Processors with typical satellite RF chain elements (including but not limited to) oscillators, frequency converters, filters, power amplifiers and antennas
- Will have experience working with RF/Digital processors and software defined radios, including understanding of basic DSP waveforms
- Candidate must have experience designing with high speed ADCs and DACs
- Experience in designing using microstrip, stripline and lumped element components
- Experience in architecting entire RF/Microwave systems and performing trade studies to optimize various aspects of the RF system
- Experience designing high-speed clocking chains
- Will have experience with full RF system level link budget and RF system budget analysis
- Will manage requirements for proposals and designs at the system level and/or the module level
- Will bring new and creative solutions to the table
- Capable of contributing to, leading and/or documenting a technical proposal effort
- Candidate must have an understanding of RF and communication parameters including, but not limited to, SNR, SINAD, SFDR, ENOB, IMD3, NPR, Noise Figure, Return Loss, Insertion Loss and S-Parameters
- Supports hands-on efforts in the lab from prototype through flight and system integration
- Interfaces with subject matter experts and providers of various subsystem products and technologies including technical coordination of subcontractors
- Proficient in RF circuit design software (AWR Microwave Office preferred)
- Able to multiplex between multiple assignments, each of which is in various degrees of completion
- Experience creating all necessary engineering documentation (design documentation, lab procedures), performing circuit analysis related to RF/Microwave circuits and using all methods of lab measurements is required
- Proficient in schematic capture (Mentor Graphics tools preferred)
- Ability to work with the board layout group to develop PCBs is required
- BSEE Required
- Experience with RF Systems for space is a must
- Experience designing RF Hardware is required
- Experience in development and delivery of space RF/digital processing systems and RF payloads, including analysis and test
- Understanding of RF communications terminology and concepts needed to design a RF system from the antenna to the digital payload and back
- Experience in analog to digital and digital to analog conversion
- Experience analyzing antenna designs and performance parameters
- Experience with RF analysis using tools including (but not limited to) AWR Microwave Office, AWR VSS, HFSS and Matlab
- Experience with high speed clocking solutions for RF components
- Understanding of DSP and modulation concepts
- Design experience of satellite RF communication system components is a plus
- Experience with high profile briefings to internal executives and customers
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams (hardware/software) to produce advanced RF payloads and/or digital systems.
- Proven ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, conduct major design reviews (e.g. PDR and/or CDR).
- Experience with proposal development, technical and cost submissions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers
- Hands-on hardware experience with flight hardware
- Knowledge of RF test and measurement
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
Compensation: Base pay range is $120,000 - $150,000 depending on qualifications. SEAKR has very rich medical, dental and vision insurance plans, along with a generous 401(k) retirement plan. In addition to base salary, employees are eligible for a year-end bonus. SEAKR offers a variety of paid leave, such as vacation, sick, bereavement, and FMLA.
SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
US Citizenship Required