Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.Life at Rocket Lab
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About The Role
As a Test & Launch Operations Operator on the Integrated Operations team at Rocket Lab, you will be responsible for and actively participate in some of the most exciting work at Rocket Lab as you perform critical testing of rocket stages and flight ready launch vehicles up to and including the launch and mission operations. You will also test and prepare related test stands, launch facilities, and tracking assets to ensure they’re ready to support vehicle testing and launch operations. This will include system hot-fire testing at stack test facilities near Auckland, NZ, test and operations at the Rocket Lab Mission Control Centre in Auckland, NZ, and pre-launch and launch operations at Rocket Lab’s LC-1 (Mahia, NZ) and LC-2 (Wallops Island, VA) launch facilities.Duties And Responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience
- Prepare for and conduct testing, pre-launch operations, and launch operations.
- Define test and operations requirements.
- Prepare test plans and procedures.
- Perform flight vehicle and facility checkouts and readiness testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve test and operations issues real-time.
- Perform post-test and post-flight data review and analyses.
- Continually improve and streamline integration, testing, and operations.
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Self-driven, motivated, and contagiously positive.
- Comfortable and capable working in a highly collaborative team-centric environment.
- Proven communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships.
- Able to maintain situational awareness and real-time communications throughout complex operations.
- Careful work ethic with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- Aerospace, mechanical, electrical, mechatronic engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong hands-on problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical skills with direct experience in test and/or operations.
- Experience with launch vehicles or spacecraft including integration, testing, launch, or mission operations.
- Experience and/or expertise with electrical systems including one or more of avionics, power, communications, networking, software, data handling, RF, instrumentation, or command & control electronics.
- Experience and/or expertise with mechanical systems including one of more of structures, mechanisms, propulsion, pressurization, hydraulics, pneumatics, HVAC, instrumentation, or command & control systems.
- The opportunity to work on innovative and groundbreaking technology.
- An employee stock purchase program.
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career.
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks.
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross.
- Additional parental leave entitlements.
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here