For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for an Engineering Student
in our Mechanical Engineering
department at our Brampton
Overall the successful candidate would be treated similar to a new graduate joining our company, where tasks will be assigned relative to the level of schooling and experience achieved to date. This is a 12
and up to 16 month term
starting in January 2024.
Please indicate your availability when submitting your application and provide a transcript.
As our Engineering Student
, you will:
- Supporting program engineering work and other Mechanical staff as required.
- Mapping and analyzing business processes for improvements.
- Programming metrics dashboards for Engineering.
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives.
Interested candidates should be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering Physics, or Computer Engineering and/or Applied Mathematics or Physics with three (3) years completed.
- Students must be enrolled in their university’s formal Co-Op program and have three (3) years of school completed
- The student should possess strong mathematical skills and experience in CAD modelling.
- A strong ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as a member of a team is required.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills are essential to this position.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status
level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.