Mynaric produces optical fiber for the skies and, as a pioneer in laser communications, enables extremely fast and secure wireless data transmission between satellites, aircraft, drones and the ground. The products are used by well-known international technology companies to build global communication networks. The emerging Internet over the clouds will connect the previously disconnected 3 billion people, bring the Internet of Things to the remotest corners of the earth and make international communication more secure than ever.
Your way into the future
Join us as Radiation Engineer (m/f/d) and work with us on changing the future!
What awaits you at Mynaric
What you bring with you
- Perform radiation simulations for space environment and determine radiation conditions to be met by our electronic designs.
- Coordinate, prepare, supervise and / or execute component level and system level radiation tests (TID, Proton, etc.). Tests are performed at outside testing facilities or internally.
- Coordinate radiation test facility bookings according to project needs, priorities, test plan, level of preparation and technical complexity.
- Perform system and electronic board design reviews of very complex and cutting edge technology electronic systems.
- Determine error mitigation strategies to improve radiation tolerance and overall resilience of systems.
- Participate in project design reviews and technical proposals for cutting edge space technology products.
- Compile documentation and test reports. Maintain relevant electronic parts databases.
- A Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field
What we offer you
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in radiation for space systems and components
- Experience with radiation analysis tools such as SPENVIS or CREME96, FastRAD, OMERE
- Experience with radiation testing and analysis techniques
- Knowledge of space radiation environments and effects on electronic and mechanical components
- Extensive experience in participating in / conducting / leading design reviews and other project milestone reviews is a plus
- A plus would be some experience with Printed Circuit Board (PCB) CAD design tools (Altium preferred but not necessary).
- Experience even beyond the electronics domain for a very broad knowledge and consultancy level
- Having a background in the laser and electro-optics sector, besides the pure electronics sector is a plus.
- Strong English skills both written and spoken required, German skills are beneficial.
Be part of the company that is changing the world!
Have you always wanted to wear your favourite space outfit to work? Then you are exactly the
right fit for us! Forget the office politics and come and work with inspiring colleagues from all
over the world as you embark on an incredible journey with Mynaric to work on unique and
challenging projects and make a real contribution to the future of connectivity.
We offer you permanent employment, varied areas of responsibility, and attractive employee
benefits. Mynaric is absolutely committed to being an equal opportunity employer so we
welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, gender,
disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.