Technician, Network Operations - RF
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a NOC Technician, you will provide technical expertise for Radio Frequency (RF) issues, transponder service issues, Occasional Use (OU), full-time managed services and special events. In this position you will offer proficient troubleshooting support and analysis to the NOC team for resolution of general customer service issues. You will be responsible for monitoring information on all sites, network infrastructure, and backhaul. In this role, you will participate in the integration of new technologies, assist in the development of operational procedures, utilize training material and contribute towards departmental projects. You will consistently demonstrate effective teamwork in support of team peer leaders and focus on professional development. In addition, you will contribute to call-in support and 24/7 rotating shift coverage as needed.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Contribute toward and demonstrate a high level of teamwork
- Contribute to the development and support of projects under some supervision
- Assist peer team leaders with service and departmental documentation
- Provide operational support with timely and professional response to customer inquiries
- Assist with the tracking and execution of maintenance activities
- Utilize tools and demonstrate a functional level of proficiency troubleshooting RF signals
- Assist to identify, update and escalate service issues to determine alternate routing, emergency restoral and timely resolution of service issues
- Collaborate with Intelsat support groups and / or customer engineers when implementing new services or resolving service issues
- Create and review trouble tickets for RF interference issues or circuit events to ensure accurate documentation and all follow up actions are completed
You should definitely have:
- Associate’s degree or technical school diploma preferred
- Must consistently display good team working, organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work comfortably with customers and co-workers who speak English as a second language
- At least two years of commercial experience in a broadcast and/or data environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Functional working knowledge of satellite, fiber, data and/or broadcast related equipment.
- Must maintain a complete knowledge of Intelsat offered products and services.
- Must be able to work 24x7 rotating shifts, be capable of following company guidelines in making decisions under stressful conditions in a multi-tasking work environment.
- Must be able to convey complex technical issues equally to skilled and unskilled individuals.
- Must consistently display excellent situational awareness and take initiative to address both customer issues as well as departmental inefficiencies with some supervision.
- Must have effective working computer skills and the ability to read and understand operational manuals for various test and/or measurement equipment
It would be nice if you had:
- Working knowledge of Cisco and iDirect technology
- Functional knowledge of video broadcast technology and digital compression
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training; Flexible work arrangements
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled