EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Hardware Technician in our Hughes Network Systems division. This position will be located at our office in San Diego, CA.
- De-soldering and soldering BGA (Ball-Grid Array) IC chips of various pitch size on high density circuit boards
- Use expert level knowledge and techniques in repairing BGA and other SMT package ICs on prototype circuit boards. Tasks will include reflowing ICs, wiring using super fine gauge enameled copper wires, cutting copper trace on PCB, repairing lifted solder mask and damaged vias
- Replacing and soldering wires to various types of quad flat pack IC chips on circuit boards
- Interpreting and following schematics, work instructions and engineering drawings to assemble PCB circuit boards with SMT electronic components, through hole connectors, RF shields, power and RF coax cable subassemblies
- May perform detailed electrical testing of parts or prototype circuit board with volt meters, oscilloscopes, temperature chamber and temperature chamber, etc.
- Learn and be proficient with company SAP database system for looking up Bill of Materials (BOM), component stocks and datasheets
- Organizing and maintaining cleanliness of lab work areas, re-work lab tools, equipment and spare stock to prevent loss and damage
- Maintain electronics, mechanical parts database, update engineering document database, create/maintain Product Change Order for prototypes
- 10 years of technician experience in electronic circuit board rework and assembly
- Previous experience using soldering equipment and crimping tool to secure parts, shields, housing, connectors and cables to circuit boards, chassis and panels.
- Working knowledge and experiences with Microsoft Office Word and Excel to maintain electronics, mechanical database and spreadsheets
Annual Salary: $59,500.00 - $85,000.00
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.