Descripción del puesto
We are a dynamic and innovative space company at the forefront of technological advancements in the aerospace industry. Our purpose is to provide reliable, flexible, and low-cost access to Low Earth Orbit for small and micro satellites, democratize space access and facilitate the development of new technologies and uses of space. As we expand our operations in the United Kingdom and Spain, we are seeking talented Manufacturing Engineers to join our team and contribute to the development and production of cutting-edge space technologies.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in our space company, ensuring the successful design manufacturability and assembly of space-related hardware. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including mechanical and avionics engineers, to drive process improvements, enhance efficiency, and maintain the highest standards of quality throughout the manufacturing lifecycle.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers to develop manufacturing strategies for space hardware, including spacecraft components, propulsion systems, and satellite payloads.
- Design, develop, and optimize manufacturability processes, ensuring efficient production and compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Establish and maintain manufacturing documentation, including work instructions, standard operating procedures, and assembly guidelines.
- Conduct process validations, qualification tests, and inspections to ensure product integrity and quality.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, cost reduction, and productivity enhancement, implementing innovative solutions.
- Lead and support the resolution of technical issues related to manufacturing, working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers, promoting a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Collaborate with supply chain and procurement teams to ensure timely availability of materials and components.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in manufacturing technologies and space industry trends.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in mechanical engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in manufacturing engineering within the aerospace or space industry for a minimum of 5 years.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, including machining, assembly, fabrication, and testing.
- Proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software and manufacturing software (e.g., CAM, PLM).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Effective communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of space systems and technologies is a plus.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in Spain. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in Spain. B2Space will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about space exploration and want to be part of a cutting-edge space company, please submit your CV. We encourage all interested candidates from Spain to apply. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment.
Join our team and be a part of our exciting journey into the future of space exploration!
Salary 35,000.00€-45,000.00€ per year
Job Type: Full-time
Possibility To Relocate/move
- Burgos, Burgos province: Commute to work smoothly or plan to move before starting work (Required)