The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Internship conversion position for the Engineering Applications Department
. This position will be remote.
Information Systems and Cyber Division (ISCD) staff couple the latest in information system technologies, such as software architectural patterns, continuous integration and continuous deployment, web frameworks, implementation of software standards, with expertise in software engineering, process improvement, and software development to deliver adaptable, resilient, high-performance software intensive systems to our IC, DoD, and civilian customers.
The Engineering Application Department is within the Information Systems and Cyber Division. The department performs development and research focused on advanced visualizations, immersive technologies, web technologies, and software delivery for our government and civil customers. The Advanced Visualization and Simulation team is focused on supporting our customers in 3D visualizations, full stack development, application modernization efforts, and middleware development.
If 100% Remote: This position has the option to be fully remote anywhere within the United States.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support a wide variety of Civil Systems Group and Space Systems Command ground system customers through software development
- Work on software teams to develop software capabilities and services
- Build user interfaces utilizing modern application frameworks
- Work with subject matter experts in modeling and simulation analysis
- Identify and recommend opportunities for new capabilities and research
What Corporate Skills You’ll Bring
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Possess organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
What You Need To Be Successful
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college/university program and to be conferred within 12 months
- Prior internship at The Aerospace Corporation
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Showed skill in object-oriented programming languages and web frameworks. Proficiency in C++, JAVA, Python, and REACT is highly desirable
- Passion to learn new programming languages and technologies
- Ability to work both independently, and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to acquire and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance
- Transcripts required
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Active security clearance
- Demonstrated self-motivation and willingness to take initiative strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers and staff is strongly preferred
- Ability to form and lead highly productive intra- and inter-organizational teams is desirable
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$78,600 - $83,000 - $92,000
Pay Basis: Annual
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.