Your Mission at Virgin Galactic
Virgin Galactic is seeking (a) qualified Training Developer with extensive experience in aircraft manufacturing/production and fabrication. This position is responsible for designing, developing, and coordinating curriculum and training programs for composite assembly and systems technicians in accordance with engineering drawings/instructions, technical specifications, and/or applicable processes and procedures. The training developer in this position will help refine and improve the training process and courses. Outside of conducting training courses, the trainer will work hands on along with supervisors and technicians to produce top quality aircraft and spaceships and contribute to process improvement using lean processes and tools.Your Mission
The Training Developer position will report directly to the Sr. Director, Technical Training and Workforce Planning. The ideal candidate should:
Required Skills And Experience
- Design and develop immersive and experiential learning that reinforces the Virgin brand and culture. This will include on-the-job, instructor-led, eLearning, and virtual solutions.
- Use technology and graphical tools to design and develop training content to create learner-centric, performance-based instructional materials using the ADDIE model.
- Collaborate with a variety of subject matter experts to create and update formal online, virtual, and live training courses for highly technical subjects.
- Supports the management of technical training delivered in the Learning Management System (LMS) including input and scheduling of technical skills training courses.
- Creates course outlines, lesson plans, storyboards, instructor, and participant materials.
- Designs and develops student examinations; continuously revises lesson plans to meet new training requirements and to keep technical information up to date.
- Maintains certification records on trained personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Must have a general technical understanding of division/subsidiary/affiliate product(s) and the ability to read, understand, and integrate technical writing source material into training curriculum.
- Must possess the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level; and have experience demonstrating a general application of training practices, techniques, and standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies for classroom-based, self-guided, and virtual training.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with web-authoring tools, graphics design, and multimedia to include Adobe Captivate, Audacity, and PowerPoint and create SCORM files.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- 5 + years of extensive experience with composites or aircraft assembly preferred.
- 2 + years of demonstrated success training other staff.
- Strong skills in MS Office suite (Word/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing philosophies and tools a plus.
- Education/formal training equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or related technical field strongly preferred.
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $67,500.00–$97,950.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefitsWho We Are
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious - one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Person (either a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident or a protected individual as defined 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) or be able to obtain the required authorization from either the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Virgin Galactic is committed to a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants post offer and active teammates are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This can include pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and accident related drug and alcohol testing.