The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Intern conversion for the SOSE offer in the Systems Engineering Division
The Aerospace’s System-of-Systems Engineering (SOSE) Office provides a wide array of architectural and portfolio analysis capabilities and integrates expertise and other system analysis and design capabilities from across the Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) to support our most enterprise focused customers’ acquisition, portfolio, and cross-system architectural decisions.
This position is 100% onsite and located in Colorado Springs, CO or Chantilly, VA
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide engineering and analytical support to government customers in the area of enterprise and systems architecture and system-of-systems engineering
- Interact directly with Aerospace program office personnel as well as government customers
- Collaborate closely and remotely with the SOSE team in Colorado Springs, CO; Chantilly, VA; and El Segundo, CA
- Support the deployment or implementation of existing Aerospace tools and frameworks with government customers
- Understand customer problems and issues and turn them into tasks that can be supported by Aerospace capabilities at large
- Identify new capabilities and enhancements to current capabilities that will better support the customer base
- Independently conduct long-range technical studies and report findings
- Initiate studies designed to solve new technical problems and provide new technical solutions
- Provide ongoing technical consultation and advice to management, customers, and contractors
- Take initiative to inform management of perceived technical problems and recommend courses of action
- Collaborate on cross-organizational teams and organize interfaces with Aerospace program offices and/or government customers
- Occasional travel may be required
What You Need To Be Successful
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college/university program and to be conferred within 12 months
- Previous internship with The Aerospace Corporation
- 0-1 year of experience
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
- Coursework or research experience in system architecting activities
- Coursework or research experience in broad, multidisciplinary teams involving system design, acquisition and/or operations in one or more of the following areas: satellite systems, ground systems, launch systems, spacecraft buses, and spacecraft payloads
- This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance (TS/SCI) which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Transcripts required
How You Can Stand Out
- Strong knowledge of systems-of-systems (SoS) engineering and architecting and model-based system engineering (MBSE) discipline, literature, tools, and processes
- Prior experience with related Aerospace architecting and design capabilities (CDC, PDST, various performance, cost, and risk analysis tools, etc.)
- Awareness of the breadth and depth of ETG's technical capabilities and customer base with the ability to support from remote Aerospace locations
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$74,000 - $83,000 - $92,000
Pay Basis: Annual
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.