The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Internship conversion position for the Enterprise Simulation & Studies Department.
This position will be located at in El Segundo, CA or Colorado Springs, CO.
The Enterprise Simulation and Studies Department (ESSD) develops high-fidelity modeling and simulation tools to perform critical analyses across a diverse set of space mission areas. We are also passionate about integrating these tools together in a distributed simulation framework to analyze the full space enterprise.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Engage in innovative software development, design, and architecture for new and existing mod-sim tools.
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts on physics modeling and tool feature requests.
- Run mod-sim tools for analysis, scoping out studies and writing pre/post-processing scripts to generate meaningful results.
- Present results and accomplishments to management and U.S. Space Force customers.
What Corporate Skills You’ll Bring
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Possess organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
What You Need To Be Successful
- Pursuing a Master's degree in Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college/university program and to be conferred within 12 months
- Prior internship at The Aerospace Corporation
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Experience with C/C++, MATLAB, or Python
- Knowledge or curiosity about orbital mechanics, estimation theory, satellite communications, geolocation, directed energy, or other space mission areas.
- his position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Transcripts required
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Active security clearance
Transcripts required for this position
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$93,000 - $108,000 - $123,000
Pay Basis: Annual
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.