Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.Life at Rocket Lab
Build and sustain a supply chain in which every purchased production item has a stable supply, from a reliable supplier, with exceptional quality, and under agreed commercial terms. Guide engineering teams on proper sourcing strategy, support suppliers with new product introduction, and collaborate with quality teams to establish efficient and effective validation strategies for purchased flight hardware. Ensure suppliers are developed to grow with Rocket Lab and relationships are set up to foster collaboration and proactively identify/mitigate risks.What You'll Get To Do
You'll Bring These Qualifications
- Responsible for identifying and developing suppliers that meet the technical needs of fast-turn R&D
- Work with engineering to identify critical processes and parts that require specialized suppliers
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to reduce total material cost
- Manage suppliers for Cost, Quality, and Delivery
- Identify part supply constraints that may impact production schedule, and create mitigation plans
- Accountable for ensuring supplier master data within MRP is accurate
- Work in a cross functional team environment as a strong team player and demonstrate ability to work with other functional groups to achieve company-wide goals.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain or other relevant fields
- 5+ years of related experience as Buyer, Manufacturing Engineer, or equivalent
- Proven ability to onboard and contract pricing agreements with suppliers
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience with AS9100, ITAR export controls, EAR, and FAR
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems, math and statistics
- Proficient in SQL and MRP systems
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Team oriented, strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Base Pay Range (CA Only)
$115,000 — $135,000 USDImportant Information
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here