Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.Life at Rocket Lab
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About The Role
The Senior Avionics Design Engineer is an experienced individual contributor and a technical leader for the engineering team, responsible for components and subsystems in the Space Systems department. Primarily this designer will support Reaction Wheels and other space systems components, as well as other spacecraft components and subsystems.
This role has significant technical requirements for electronic circuit design, PCB design, electromechanical design, and electronic testing for mission-critical and safety critical circuits for the Photon Satellite, Space systems components, GSE and test equipment.Essential Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with hardware development or electronics test engineering.
- Experience designing hardware from concept through production.
- Altium user to intermediate or higher status
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- Brushless motor drive circuits
- Experience in Space Systems avionics product design, particularly Reaction Wheel production
- Understanding of electronic circuits, design principles, and SMT manufacturing techniques.
- Understanding and experience in environmental design testing, such as vibration, shock, thermal, and TVAC.
- Understanding of interfaces and sensors including power supplies, oscilloscopes, serial devices, and instrumentation.
- NX, SolidWorks or other 3D CAD systems.
- Demonstrated experience working in fast-paced projects.
- Programming experience in Python, C/C++.
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
If the above sounds like you apply
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here