For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we will take you there!
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA
is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we are leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We are fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We are on the hunt for a motivated and talented Engineering Student
in our Mechanical Production and AI&T (Assembly, Integration & Test)
department at our Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue
office. This is a 4 month mandate (with a possibility of 8 months) starting in January 2024.
Overall the successful candidate would be treated similar to a new graduate joining our company, where tasks will be assigned relative to the level of schooling and experience achieved to date.
The successful candidate will be under the supervision of the Production Manager & Senior Engineer and teamed with the AI&T Engineers and Technicians. The Production & AI&T Engineer student participates in AIT activities for antenna and satellite products.
As our Engineering Student
, you will:
- Suggest and implement new technologies such as robots, vision systems, quality control and preventive maintenance tools in collaboration with the engineering and production teams;
- Analyze and validate existing processes, while participating in the design, installation and deployment of new solutions;
- PFMEA analysis, identification of risks and deltas related to production;
- Develop satellite programs and databases to link our ERP/MES system with production (industry 4.0 mentality);
- Document and implement improvement projects related to the various production equipment;
- Develop and implement optimal work methods, efficient testing tools and train users adequately;
- Participate in technical overview board (TOB) to ensure production needs are met in the designs;
- Represent the production team during MRBs;
- Maintain, improve and diagnose existing production equipment;
- Write and update operating procedures and maintenance plans for manual and automated equipment;
- Discuss with the project manager to define the needs;
- Communicate with other team members, both internally and externally;
- Support production after start-up;
- Analyze performance indicators of the production cells;
- Perform all other tasks compatible with your duties.
Experience And Skills Required
Interested candidates should be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with two (2) years completed.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Good written and oral communication skills in French and English;
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, C#, SQL, C++, Java, VB [.NET], etc.) (asset)
- Experience in composite products;
- Knowledge of satellite products;
- In-depth knowledge in math and matrix manipulation;
- Knowledge of machining processes;
- Knowledge in metrology;
- Creative and innovative;
- Good synthesis skills;
- Leadership and good interpersonal skills.
Please upload a copy of both your Resume and your Transcript when you apply.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
Equal Opportunity Statement
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.