Stratolaunch is developing an air-launch platform to contribute to high-speed research and development. The goal of Stratolaunch is to use the air-launch platform for enabling technologies that may not exist otherwise. Stratolaunch has the potential for creating technology development opportunities for commercial, philanthropic, and governmental organizations to collect rich and actionable data and drive advancements in science, research, and technology.
The Aircraft Crew Chief is responsible for the efficient execution of the work scope and for the maintenance, preventive maintenance and alterations performed to the aircraft. The Crew Chief ensures tasks are within the scope of their normally assigned duties, are performed using established standards of quality and airworthiness.
- Effectively manage a team to accomplish the aircraft work scope in a timely manner.
- Oversees the daily activities of assigned work crews taking necessary action to ensure that all work is completed within schedule and estimated labor and material costs.
- Drives the team for maximum efficiency and effective use of available resources including assignment of overtime as required and accurately charging labor hours to the appropriate work scope.
- Ensures the use of applicable technical data, including but not limited to the methods, techniques and practices prescribed in the current manufacturer’s maintenance manual or other documentation.
- Ensures that personnel assigned to perform tasks are qualified and identifies training requirements.
- Monitors all work performed by the crew to ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and is airworthy.
- Ensures that aircraft maintenance paperwork and forms are completed in accordance with methods of execution outlined in the Forms section located in the Inspection Plan.
- Works with the Director to ensure the aircraft is approved for return to service as required.
- Able to communicate at all levels of the organization and with customers as required.
- Ensure that you present yourself in a professional manner and appearance in a day to day contact with customers, guests and co-workers.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations and airworthiness requirements.
- Possess a working knowledge of aircraft factory modifications, service bulletins, inspection program requirements, vendor information and all other procedures, publications and general information pertaining to aircraft
- Knowledge of all systems e.g. electrical, pneumatic, hydraulics, landing gear, engines.
- Proven leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Willing and able to obtain a DOD Security Clearance
Education & Experience
- Current A & P license
- 7+ years of experience in aircraft systems fabrication installation and maintenance preferred
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
Benefits and our location:
- Location: Based in Mojave, CA. Consideration for remote or partial remote/on-site work.
- Travel estimated to be <5%
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
- $50.00-$74.50 Hourly
- Eligible for up to 10% annual bonus
- Relocation eligible to local area – Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave up to 16 weeks
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan, up to the IRS annual limit
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Job Category: Manufacturing