Your Mission at Virgin Galactic
As a Quality Inspector with Virgin Galactic, you will perform inspections on assigned material and parts of our hybrid rocket propulsion system, ensuring the quality of workmanship meets standard industry practices and complies with manufacturer specifications,
Required Skills And Experience
- Provide detailed in-process inspections on launch vehicle composite components, using detailed drawings, CAD models, and established processes to verify conformance to manufacturing and design requirements.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are complied with for the receiving and storage of composite raw materials.
- Document production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required.
- Support quality management system (QMS) policies and procedure documentation, assess compliance to company and industry standards and initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Support the Material Review Board (MRB) process by documenting and managing non-conformances.
Preferred Skills And Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of inspection experience in an aerospace, military, or manufacturing environment
- (GD&T) Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Drawing and Blueprint reading and understanding
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Great computer skills
Physical And/or Additional Requirements
- A&P license preferred.
- Strong understanding of composite layup laser alignment
- Ability to read and interpret cure reports vendor-supplied conformance certifications.
- Practical experience with GD&T and skillful use of metrology tools and gauges
- Experience with integration and Inspection of composite materials.
- Experience working with, manufacturing enterprise resource systems, and electronic databases.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills; able to effectively communicate with engineering and production groups.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and capable of managing priorities and tasks as delegated.
- Strong understanding of safety programs and OSHA regulations and requirements
- Able to work all shifts, overtime, and weekend hours, as needed. Nominal hours - 1st shift (6:00a 4:30 pm
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods - 8 hours minimum.
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and able to maneuver in tight spaces.
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $58,240.00–$83,200.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefitsWho We Are
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious - one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Person (either a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident or a protected individual as defined 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) or be able to obtain the required authorization from either the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Virgin Galactic is committed to a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants post offer and active teammates are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This can include pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and accident related drug and alcohol testing.