Stratolaunch is developing an air-launch platform to contribute to high speed research and development. To achieve these great efforts, Stratolaunch needs an Electrical Shop Lead
to work either the Evening or Weekend shifts.
The Lead (Electrical Shop) will stay informed with manufacturing activities associated with their assigned areas. The Lead will direct manufacturing activities associated with their area of the build while understanding how it impacts one assigned area to the next. This position will assist in providing coordination between all areas of the build to achieve program milestones and goals. The Lead helps to facilitate high levels of production and work efficiency by teaching/training, mentoring, guiding their team, and delegating work. This role will help motivate and support program personnel in the achievement of shared goals, with demonstrated professionalism, integrity, and credibility.
Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with the Crew Chief, Engineering, Program Planning, and Quality Assurance to ensure work is accomplished to the intent of the technical requirement as well as according to program and company schedules
- Directly manage a crew of individuals within the same discipline. Support performance management and absence management within the team. Determine areas of training needed and partner with HR on progressive discipline process when needed.
- Partner with the Manufacturing Admin to ensure timecard are completed in a timely manner with the correct project codes.
- Work together in program leadership roles in absence of Crew Chief
- Maintain a professional demeanor, to include: give undivided attention to a conversation, be aware of own body language and facial expressions, practice and maintain effective listening skills
- Report both positive and negative personnel issues to the Crew Chief and/or Manufacturing Manager if support is needed. Hold work group accountable (e.g., ensuring proper breaks and meal periods, issues with work quality, recognition for dedicated efforts, attendance, etc.)v
- Performance evaluations twice a year and solicit peer feedback on a regular cadence to support performance feedback.
- Help to proactively identify manufacturing set-backs and work with each other, Crew Chief, and with Engineering if needed. Maintain shop organization, help identify shop consumable shortages ahead of time, while promoting and implementing shop cleanliness.
- Participate in leadership development curriculum when needed
- Help promote company philosophies to new employees during onboarding process and lead by example.
- Monitor and help improve manufacturing in the area; practice Question Never Defend and seek to understand why /what is happening.
- Mentor, train and assist assigned shop personnel in proper work procedures and practices as required
- Work with planning to develop a clear weekly set of tasks, milestones, and objectives for your team that supports program/company schedule. This may include but is not limited to the following: Planning Work durations for individual tasks, planning and coordinating within other areas of the program in order to deconflict when needed, consult with engineering as required etc. The overall schedule for the program/company is to be provided by the planning department.
- Stay in constant communication with your crew and Crew Chief throughout each day
- Maintain flexibility and be able to adjust to the changing needs of the program and/or company which could be but not limited to: OT when needed, flexible work schedule etc.
Essential Job Functions:
- Standing for prolonged periods of time
- Stooping, bending, climbing, kneeling, crouching, crawling, balancing, reaching, pulling, working at elevated heights
- Occasional pushing of heavy tools and tables (75-100 + lbs., with assistance)
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50+ lbs.
- Work with composite material such as resin systems, carbon and fiberglass; work closely with chemicals, epoxy resin systems, and foam products
- Work on varied work surfaces, environments, including but not limited to working in busy shop environment as well as in or on aircraft structures
- Required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment for assigned task
- Clearly communicate verbally and in writing (e.g., active listening skills, well-postured verbal and non-verbal skills)
- Maintain professional and positive posture / attitude
- Knowledgeable and competent in Stratolaunch manufacturing/assembly processes
- IPC-620B and J Standard qualified
- Good communication skills, to include listening, reading and following verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to adapt to configuration changes common in research and development
- Must have flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of the company
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast paced research and development environment and a team atmosphere; able to work under pressure
- Ability to plan work sequence of operation
- Must have demonstrated strong manufacturing skills
- Must have proven leadership skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and must be solution-oriented
Special remarks regarding work environment
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
- Travel estimated to be approximately <= 5%
- Position is based in Mojave, CA
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Job Category: Manufacturing