NOTE: This is a 6-month contract with the ability to extend
Must be available for Evening or Weekend Shifts
Stratolaunch is a technology accelerator that engineers operationally realistic testing at Mach 5+. Our air-launched, Talon testbeds are reusable, cost-effective platforms that enable routine access to the hypersonic environment. We deliver flight data critical to validating system performance and achieving rapid technology deployment. Together with our customers, we drive innovations that are imperative to advancing national security.
The Aircraft Electrician
will be responsible for wiring harness fabrication, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of aircraft electrical systems and components. As Stratolaunch expands our program base this person may be tasked to other, new projects and in the development of vehicles requiring the skills, knowledge and abilities utilized on this current project.
- Ability to perform a variety of electrical trade functions such as wire harness fabrication,
- installation, fault isolation, maintenance, and repair of wiring and/or connectors, equipment for: generation, distribution, or utilization of aircraft systems electrical power.
- Perform final functional and operational testing of the electrical systems
- Interpret technical data such as blueprints, wiring diagrams and specifications to install and
- troubleshoot wiring installations.
- Complete all required installation records in an accurate and timely manner
- Other duties as determined/assigned by management
- Able to work in confined spaces or heights greater than 25 feet as required.
- Understanding of Aircraft Standard Wiring Practices
- Ability to read, Interpret, and work from Electrical Engineering Definition
- Ability to follow manufacturer's connector assembly instructions and have the ability to work from Electrical Manufacturer's specification sheets
- C.C License with radar endorsement a “PLUS”
- A strong understanding of the importance of FOD control and tool control
- Detail oriented – strong attention to detail
- Personnel safety mentality – not just work safely, but promote a culture of safety
- Honesty, responsibility, accuracy, integrity, and fulfillment of commitments
- Ability to problem solve and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, responsible, take the initiative
- Physically able to handle items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate and experience in aircraft harness fabrication, installations, troubleshooting, electrical connector maintenance, and maintenance of aircraft electrical systems
- IPC-620B and J Standard qualified
- Familiar with the Boeing SWPM (Standard Wiring Practice Manual) a “PLUS”
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- This position is located in Mojave, Ca.
- This position may require travel to offsite locations depending on aircraft dispatch location
Benefits and our location:
- $33.00-$59.00 Hourly
- Relocation eligible to local area – Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan up to the IRS annual limit
- Tuition reimbursement
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Job Category: Manufacturing