Stratolaunch is a technology accelerator that engineers operationally realistic testing at Mach 5+. Our air-launched, Talon testbeds are reusable, cost-effective platforms that enable routine access to the hypersonic environment. We deliver flight data critical to validating system performance and achieving rapid technology deployment. Together with our customers, we drive innovations that are imperative to advancing national security.
To achieve these great efforts, Stratolaunch needs a Program Planning and Scheduling Manager to aid with managing Stratolaunch vehicle development programs.
As a Program Planning and Scheduling Manager, you will contribute to management of the Stratolaunch programs through development and tracking of resource-loaded schedules, including planning various aspects of the design, manufacture, testing, and operation phases. This position includes evaluation of a broad range of technical data. Candidates must have an experienced aerospace development background, experience with technical planning, and relevant experience in systems development.
- Develop and maintain the resource-loaded plan for the company’s aerospace vehicle development programs
- Contribute to program cost forecast and budget management
- Keep the program team current regarding its upcoming activities, deadlines, and milestones
- Develop tools, as needed, for analysis to complete their tasking
- Perform schedule-based risk analysis on the company’s projects
- Help evaluate risks and risk mitigation plans to determine if the risks are appropriate and risk mitigations are adequate
- Work with Finance and company leadership to ensure planning and financial tracking processes and procedures meet US Government contracting requirements
- Regular and comprehensive communication to the Program Director
- Assist with the overall program leadership, forecasting and execution activities
- Serve as a program representative in internal and customer-facing meetings, as required
- Contribute material to the monthly program review
- Support the preparation of business proposals to the US Government and industry
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity, and fulfillment of commitments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with developing and tracking a program’s progress using schedule management tools
- Knowledge of, and experience with, one or more of these disciplines: systems engineering, project management, aerospace vehicle production, or launch vehicle integration
- Experience and understanding of various tools and techniques associated with cost/schedule management to include Earned Value Management tools and processes
- Experience with technical aerospace leadership, including working with subcontractors
- Experience with requirements development, with a focus on interface management
- Experience with program risk management tools and methodologies
- Facilitation skills and ability to communicate technical challenges and guidance to varied audiences to gain support or resolve concerns
- Ability to develop and analyze data and present findings to customers and management
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and ability to implement sound critical thinking skills
- Ability to work on their own initiative and prioritize tasking to fit within the business goals
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
Required Computer Skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- MS Project
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or higher from an accredited institution and 10-plus years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- This position is located in Mojave, CA
- Travel estimated to be approximately 5% or less
Benefits and our location:
- $148,000 - $181,000
- Eligible for up to 15% annual bonus
- Relocation eligible to local area – Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan up to the IRS annual limit
- Tuition reimbursement
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Job Category: Program Management