Stratolaunch is a technology accelerator that engineers operationally realistic testing at Mach 5+. Our air-launched, Talon A testbeds are reusable, cost-effective platforms that enable routine access to the hypersonic environment. We deliver flight data critical to validating system performance and achieving rapid technology deployment. Together with our customers, we drive innovations that are imperative to advancing national security.
Reporting to the Finance Lead, the Program Finance Analyst will support Program Management in initiating, organizing, integrating, analyzing, and reporting on project data. Regularly coordinates with Finance, Contracts, Project Management, and Senior Management teams to set up and review proper inter-departmental data processes and enterprise-level reporting. The role prepares ad hoc reports and analyses as required.
- Develop and maintain the resource-loaded plan for the company’s aerospace vehicle development programs
- Contribute to program cost forecast and budget management
- Keep the program team current regarding its upcoming activities, deadlines, and milestones
- Perform schedule-based risk analysis on the company’s projects
- Help evaluate risks and risk mitigation plans to determine if the risks are appropriate and risk mitigations are adequate
- Produce and review ad-hoc project-level projections, graphs, and reports for both internal/external stakeholders.
- Perform analysis and prepare reports to ensure contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Sets up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Support audits and reviews requests from programs, customers, and company management, fact-finding and negotiation support.
- Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Support the preparation and coordination of financial forecasting and reporting, Annual Operating Plan and Resource Plan
- Manage, maintain, and analyze enterprise-level Earned Value Management System (EVMS) data.
- Support the development and implementation of Application Programming Interface (APIs), data structures, and databases to streamline and maintain processes.
- Streamline data collection, modeling, and management practices.
- May serve as a program representative in internal and customer-facing meetings, as required
- Contribute material to the monthly program review
- Support the preparation of business proposals to the US Government and industry
- Support compliance with contractual requirements and internal procedures.
- Support preparation invoices, familiarity with T&M and FFP contracts is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of experience or equivalent experience
- Experience in Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Knowledge of program management or operational work flow
- Ability to support program management, integration, and control strategies
- Ability to work cross-functionally with technical and functional departments
- Ability to support decision-making and conflict resolution
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group
- Familiarity with Costpoint, COBRA, or other established EVM systems
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in Business Consulting, Engineering, or Finance
- Experience in government contracting
- Experience in Data Analytics and Visualization (Kronos, Power BI, Tableau, or similar)
- Experience with FAR/DFAR Cost Account Standards (CAS)
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
Benefits and our location
- This position is full-time/hybrid in Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan up to the IRS annual limit
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Tuition reimbursement
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 90 miles north of Greater Los Angeles. The majority of staff reside in Lancaster, Palmdale, and Tehachapi.
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Job Category: Accounting and Finance