One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
In Viasat’s Global Enterprise Mobility division, we are looking for
members of a product team that can design, write, and deliver software services to our commercial aircraft and maritime vessels.The day-to-day
As a member of this team, you will influence new designs, architectures, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. As part of our DevOps model, you will develop the service and own it from cradle to grave.What You'll Need
What Will Help You On The Job
- 5-8 years of experience with good knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Strong working knowledge on Developing Microservices with Java
- Working experience with networking products
- Preferred experience on Setting up and Maintaining SD-WAN
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes container orchestration.
- Experience with messaging middleware like RabbitMQ.
- Experience in developing RESTful services.
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Broad range of technology interests across different disciplines including computer and system architecture, scalability, performance analysis, distributed systems design, and integration.
- Ability to work on distributed remote agile teams with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities. You will be required to communicate both verbally and in written form with remote international teams very frequently.
- Embracing the DevOps philosophy of product development, in addition to your design development activities you are also required to provide operational support of the post-production deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering or equivalent technical background and experience.
- Travel Requirement: Up to 10%
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience in developing applications using Spring Boot
- Experience in designing and implementing automated software component and integration tests.
- Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI/CD) training or experience.
- Prior working experience in a DevOps team is a plus.
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.