Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About The Role
The Mechanical Production team work closely with test engineers and design engineers to achieve the highest product quality and safety standards for Rocket Lab launch vehicles.
Mechanical assembly technicians receive components from supply chain and complete the assembly and testing of those components before passing on to the Integration team.
As a Technician, you will be hands on, working with tools, equipment and/or facilities to build, launch or test Rocket Lab launch vehicles or components. Your responsibilities contribute to the overall production and launch schedule.Essential Skills
- Precision mechanical assembly
- Operation of mechanical, electrical and automated test equipment
- Comfortable working to exacting standards, including cleanliness for oxygen service
- Have a working understanding of standard industry ESD
- Have a good level of eyesight and be able to inspect assemblies to a high workmanship standar
- Be able to manufacture components to a high workmanship standard, including riveting and precision assembly
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Able to read, understand and follow manufacturing instructions and drawings
- A high work ethic, always seeking more responsibility. Able to work long hours if required
- Takes initiative
- Remains calm under pressure
- Computer literate, and comfortable using smartphones and tablets
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
If the above sounds like you apply
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here