Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Working with the Safety Operations team you will assist in the production of licensing material to ensure ongoing compliance with Rocket Lab’s launch and facilities license, and other regulatory and statutory obligations.
You will also contribute to the development of processes and systems to ensure efficient creation and maintenance of compliance documentation and evidence to ensure material is accurate and available for regulatory audits.
As part of the team, you will contribute to Rocket Lab’s commitment to managing its operations in a legally compliant and environmentally responsible manner on Earth and in space.Essential
- 3+ years’ experience in a compliance engineering, legal or technical writing role within a highly regulated, technical industry
- Must have a track record working in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the creation of or assessment of documentation necessary to illustrate evidence of safety and regulatory compliance
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Tertiary qualifications in safety and/or risk management
- Experience in compliance requirements management
- Experience automating document preparation and integration with data sources
- Experience using GIS software (or similar) to prepare diagrams, manipulate data sets or automate common tasks
- Experience in software such as Jama Connect and Teamcenter
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here