Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.Director, Inventory and Logistics
Based onsite at Rocket Lab's headquarters in Long Beach, California, the Director of Inventory and Logistics will be responsible for building and managing our global inventory and logistics operations. The Director will lead a team of managers responsible for shipping and receiving, inventory controls, picking and kitting, local dispatch, and global logistics. With locations in four countries and 14 sites (and growing), it is an exciting time to join the Rocket Lab team and lead/build our global capabilities. This role will report to the Vice President of Global Supply Chain.What You'll Get To Do
You'll Bring These Qualifications
- Direct a team of managers people responsible for inventory management, material handling, and shipping and receiving, and logistics.
- Responsible for ensuring inventory accuracy and cycle counts are meeting finance requirements.
- Responsible for creating and managing a logistics team to manage movement, shipment and recovery of vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring freight spend is reported and service levels are optimized.
- Responsible for building and maintaining 3rd party logistics relationships.
- Responsible for fleet maintenance
- Accountable for inventory controls, perpetual inventory reporting, on-time delivery of material from inventory to production, and packaging solutions to prevent damage to parts.
- Accountable for driving efficiency improvements, cost reductions, and modernization of our inventory and logistics operations and systems.
- Responsible for inventory planning and kitting process, to deliver materials line-side to production cells.
- Responsible for working with multiple sites, understanding their needs, and developing executable strategies to support them.
- Responsible for driving standards across the global organization.
- Other duties asked by your manager, relevant to your role.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other relevant fields.
- 12+ years of related experience in inventory and logistics, with management experience in fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to international shipping regulations and export controls, including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Knowledge of freight forwarding and customs regulations.
- International Air Transportation Association, (IATA) / International Maritime Dangerous Good (IMDG) knowledge.
- Proven ability to manage inventory and logistics strategy and teams.
- Proven ability to implement systems and tools for material management and logistics.
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of time.
- Proficient in SQL and MRP systems
- Experience in managing remote resources across multiple sites.
- Experience with AS9100, ITAR export controls, EAR, and FAR
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Team oriented, strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Base Pay Range (CA Only)
$160,000 — $202,000 USDImportant Information
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here