For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA
is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a motivated and talented HR / Business Administration Student
in our Human Resources department at our Brampton office. This is a 4 month term with a possibility of extension
starting in September 2023
Overall the successful candidate would be treated similar to a new graduate joining our company, where tasks will be assigned relative to the level of schooling and experience achieved to date.
As our HR Student
, you will:
- Co-ordinate and help build the new Learning Management System (LMS) by:
- Uploading course content
- Setting-up classroom based events
- Sending invitations and helping communicate/market key programs
- Assisting with the configuration of new hire onboarding training module
- Assisting with the creation of presentations, reminders, tips & tools.
- Reply to general questions regarding the LMS.
- Involved in a variety of additional initiatives as assigned.
Experience And Skills Required
Interested candidates should be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Adult Education or Business Administration.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Action-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid prioritization skills to manage day-to-day deliverables.
- Strong communicator (written and verbal).
- Problem Solver and Quick Learner.
- Strong Computer skills and expertise in Microsoft Office Suite particularly (advanced skills in Powerpoint, Word and Excel).
- General office experience.
- Presentation skills is an asset.
- Knowledge of Change Management principles/methodology.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status
level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.