What We’re Looking For:
The Senior Network Administrator will partner with our Network Infrastructure team on the management and monitoring of SDA network infrastructure. Responsibilities include implementing and maintaining functional network infrastructure and equipment as well as performing network and security testing, validation, and troubleshooting to ensure a fault-tolerant, reliable, scalable, and automated infrastructure across SDA networks. In this role, you will provide support to the overall SDA and remote Teleport networks by configuring and maintaining Local and Wide Area Network infrastructure equipment and devices. In addition, you’ll participate in, and at times lead, the implementation of solutions that follow Government best practice guiding principles.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide day-today support and maintenance for SDA Network Infrastructure systems to support Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks across multiple sites
- Provide day-today support and maintenance for a DevSecOps link to facilitate S/W deliveries to the Operational System
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of networking and security hardware including, but not limited to include Juniper EX4400, ACX, and Juniper SRX firewalls
- Maintain documentation, audit logs, and adhere to Configuration Management rules required to meet compliance and to enable team members to assist in problems and apply consistent solutions across a different environments and teams
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the DevOps and network industries, technologies, and best practices
- Provide real-time troubleshooting and problem resolution as required and provide 24x7 on call assistance as needed
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field; or equivalent, relevant, and progressively responsible experience
- 8+ years of experience with managing and maintaining mid-to-large scale LAN/WAN networks and security that include Juniper Routers, Switches, and other vendors networking technologies
- 8+ years of experience working with various Firewall vendors including Juniper, Cisco ASA, Check Point, Palo Alto, and Fortinet platforms.
- 3+ years of experience working with Juniper Firewalls and associated management platforms.
- Strong knowledge and multi-year hands-on experience with IP communication protocols such as OSI Model, Spanning-Tree, VDC, VFR, VTP, VSS, and routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP are required
- Experience working with Netconf/Yang
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly convey products, deliverables, analyses, and/or issues to groups outside of your team or those who are unfamiliar with the topic
- Have confidence and be able to easily build relationships with leadership and colleagues outside of your team
- Possess an analytical mindset, with the ability to understand a situation or problem and think critically to make decisions and come up with out-of-the-box solutions
- Be proactive in providing feedback and be enthusiastic in sharing your knowledge with others
- Capable of prioritizing your own tasks and potentially the tasks of others while making sure deadlines are met
- Well versed in use of MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio
Things That Would be Great if You Brought to the Table:
- Government Operations experience in a 24/7 NOC environment
- Familiarity with DISA and Government provided WAN connections
- Familiarity with the use of Type 1 encryption devices
- Advanced skills with Nagios Monitoring performance tools
- Any relevant technical certifications (i.e., CompTIA, CISSP, etc.)
We’ll also need you to:
- Be able to support 24/7 on-call on an as-needed basis
- Be able to travel occasionally, about 3 to 4 times per year
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Be able to lift 30 lbs.
This position is located on a Military base and requires you to be in person 100%, there is no remote work avaialble unless traveling to support ongoing training and meetings. The position is largely sedentary with the majority of the position sitting in a chair and working with a computer. The role uses basic office equipment including a phone, video, computer, keyboard, mouse and printer. For meetings in person, this position will need to be able stand, walk within the office, and climb stairs on occasion.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.