ispace Europe is seeking, a highly motivated and talented Electrical AIT Engineer to join our team.
Our vision is to expand and sustain humanity’s presence in space by developing a lunar economy built on the resources available on the Moon.
As the regional office of ispace inc., we are creating the first lunar resource exploration service by developing ispace’s next generation rovers that will prospect for lunar water and other resources. We are a small, international team motivated by the challenges of the Lunar Frontier and determined to achieve the company’s vision.
This is a unique opportunity to join a truly fascinating project to explore resources on the Moon. In this role you will join a small international team of engineers and will be primarily involved in the production and verification of our Micro Rovers and Exploration Rovers.
Candidates with demonstrated "hands-on" experience in some engineering domains and interdisciplinary experience are preferred. Teamwork is valued, and depending on the strengths of each member of the Electrical AIT team, your responsibility might be more focused on different areas of Avionics integration and testing.
The position is based in Luxembourg and reports to the MD/Engineering Manager (CTO Group). It will closely collaborate with ispace EUROPE’s team members.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Electrical and Functioning testing and Support of Missions.
- Work with Electrical and Electronic Engineering function, Robotics and Software teams as necessary to define test plans, test cases and test procedures for electrical and functional testing at various integration levels.
- Define, identify, and where necessary develop appropriate EGSE for the support of tests.
- Coordinate the activities related to electrical and functional testing and verification of the ispace rover platforms.
- Lead the execution of associated test and verification campaigns on site and at external test facilities.
- Feedback test results and information derived from functional testing to other engineering disciplines, namely SW, Robotics, Electronics and System Engineering.
- Participate in the resolution of NCRs resulting from test campaigns.
- Develop and maintain test documentation, including test procedures and reports and associated processes in the Quality Management System.
- Feedback lessons learned from AIT stages into future ispace rover designs to improve designs, processes, efficiency, and outcomes of subsequent missions, in particular with respect to testability and manufacturability of designs.
- Develop and implement test automation where appropriate.
- Provide input to risk management activities.
- Provide technical expertise to our business team in support of business development and sales, as needed.
- Be organized and capable of planning and executing complex technical work with little oversight.
- Be driven, continuously self-improving, and proud of her/his work.
- Promote cross-pollination and thrive in our multi-disciplinary and diverse environment.
- Exhibit professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- Show initiative and a positive can-do attitude
- Be comfortable and flexible with change and a fast-paced work environment
- Speak up, identify risks and issues, define and manage mitigation plans
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in the integration and testing of complex and highly integrated systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Enthusiastic attitude and team player.
- Hands-on experience in the development of hardware.
- Experience writing test scripts.
- Experience in defining, overseeing and reporting various key types of spacecraft hardware and system level testing, such as RF, EMC, Functional, STM, Radiation etc.
- Working level in English.
- Has experience with spacecraft integration and verification.
- Certification in different skills related to electrical integration, such as crimping or soldering.
- Background in design of Electrical Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer you an inspiring working atmosphere, a working environment that uniquely combines current development in deep space technology with commercial relevance, and a chance to perform first-hand exploration of the Moon!
To apply, please submit your English Resume and Mandatory Cover Letter.