As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is looking for an experienced Buyer to join our growing team. Working closely with our engineers, you will source and procure finished components and raw materials that meet detailed specifications. You will establish a network of vendors that provide exceptional quality and on-time delivery. You will collaborate with our quality engineers to establish effective validation strategies. As a valued subject matter expert supporting a technical program, you will proactively identify, discuss, and mitigate risks to ensure Honeybee’s success.Responsibilities
- Place Purchase Orders with suppliers, and monitor purchase to delivery
- Source vendors for new engineering design releases
- Find alternative options for supplying unavailable products and services
- Make sourcing decisions that demonstrate a solid understanding of engineering specifications, legal requirements, and quality standards
- Negotiate terms with vendors, considering lead times, capacity, delivery, and payment terms. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the vendors and the Company to establish win-win agreements
- Resolve billing, delivery, and return issues with suppliers
- Resolve problems with the right level of initiative, collaboration, and perseverance to satisfy requests while following procedures
- Communicate status and issues regularly with all stakeholders
- Supports new business proposals with knowledgeable estimates based on experience and research
- Work to meet financial objectives by monitoring costs and recommending new approaches to reduce costs
- 4+ years of purchasing experience in aerospace manufacturing
- Working knowledge to comply with legal requirements (e.g., SOX, ITAR, FAR, DFAR, etc.).
- Experience with AS9100
- Solid understanding of purchase-related terms and conditions related to quality, schedule, price, delivery, payment, etc.
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience working with an ERP/MRP system
- Excellent math skills
- Professional, articulate communication style
Compensation And Benefits
- Education in supply chain management, business, or related field.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Collaborative, result-oriented approach
- Ability to resolve conflict and deal diplomatically with vendors, managers, and customers.
- Good organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and work to specific deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
$77,500 - $95,500 a year
Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.
Note: This job posting is intended for direct applicants only. We request that outside recruiters do not contact us regarding this position.