We are looking for a Mechanical Design Office Engineer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Engineering Services Section. The selected candidate should show integrity and professionalism. The deadline for submitting application is 20 June 2023.Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe (or one of its subsidiaries). Furthermore, upon selection, they will be subject to a general security screening performed by an external provider (further information will be provided at interview stage).
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Please submit your application in English via the apply button below. Applications submitted in other languages will not be considered.
- Design of electro-mechanical test instrumentation in coordination with colleagues of the Electronic Design Office;
- Support to the implementation of the procurement plan of the ESTEC Test Centre Division, by taking care of collecting and consolidating requirements, assess feasibility and initiate procurement/contractual actions;
- Participation in design reviews, supervision of manufacturing and progress meetings;
- Support to Test Centre Customer and ESTEC laboratories for the definition and verification of test setup;
- Support to the development and maintenance of the 3D CAD models of the ESTEC Test Centre facilities;
- Support to the ESTEC Test Centre investment, maintenance and study activities in the mechanical domain.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience;
- Hands-on capabilities in integrating and testing measurement systems;
- Working experience with CATIA V5 or 3D Experience is required;
- Knowledge of Nastran/Patran is an asset;
- The candidate is expected to be able to work independently in the exploitation of his/her tasks, when not required differently;
- Because the nature of the job, presence on site is expected for the whole duration of the Support Period;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities;
- Comfortable working in a diverse and multinational team environment;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.