Your Mission at Virgin Galactic
Routing the Electrical Wire Interconnect System (EWIS). The team you'll join creates innovative designs that meet our demanding requirements. Prototyping, hands-on design, and working directly with technicians are standard practices. You will be coordinating with multiple groups including systems, structures, production control, pilots, and supply chain.
Required Skills And Experience
- Produce wire harness routing definition for vehicle installations - Work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to determine routing paths, penetrations, and LRU positions
- Develop mounting brackets, trays, and secondary structural components
- Develop process specifications and engineering standards - Develop custom reports such as long lead items and discrepancy lists
- Perform trade studies including multiple solutions - Present design reviews to program leadership
- Production support including redlines, revisions, and MRB non-conformance dispositions
- BS in Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Relevant wire harness design and integration experience including aircraft-type wiring and components
- Strong understanding of EWIS principles - Extensive knowledge of aircraft-type wiring and components such as connectors, backshells, conduits, relays, switches, terminal junction system components, etc.
- Strong understanding of electrical schematics & termination drawings - Attention to detail in technical writing
- Catia V5 experience is a plus - Experience with schematics in Microsoft Visio is a plus
- Experience with Catia 3DX is a plus
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $105,700.00–$161,200.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefitsWho We Are
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious - one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Virgin Galactic is committed to a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants post offer and active teammates are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This can include pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and accident related drug and alcohol testing.