Your Mission at Virgin Galactic
Under general supervision, identify and mitigate business and legal risks by reviewing/modifying a wide variety of contract documents; partner with internal business customers to negotiate contract terms; draft contracts; communicate, implement and ensure compliance with various Company policies and the law in the countries in which the Company and its subsidiaries do business.Roles And Responsibilities
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Draft, review and negotiate various contracts for a publicly held corporation and its domestic and foreign subsidiaries including, IT agreements (SAAS), vendor and consulting agreements (international and domestic), property purchase and sale agreements, leases, construction contracts, employment, separation, recruiting and temporary worker agreements, marketing and advertising agreements, confidentiality agreements and the like;
- Develop and implement streamlined legal processes, to mitigate risk while enhancing the business, in line with the Company’s improvement initiatives;
- Review and update Company policies;
- Develop and implement training materials on Company policies; conduct training on Company policies (domestic and international)
- Liaise with outside counsel;
- Provide advice and counsel on legal aspects in connection with other areas of law as may arise;
- Other projects as assigned by the supervising counsel.
Education And Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demands successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take the initiative to start and complete assignments without direct supervision.
- Skilled at effectively communicating orally and in writing with specific proficiency in business writing
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and work ethic.
- Ability to be a coach or team player, as needed.
- Ability to be aware of legal issues arising from Company activity.
- Maintain a working knowledge of U.S. and international laws for the assigned area.
- Familiarity with export regulations such as ITAR and EAR
- Consider and understand legal and practical impact of business decisions
- Ability to think strategically and provide visionary leadership
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school required.
- Minimum 5 years related law firm and/or corporate legal experience with emphasis in area assigned
- Member of the State Bar of California or ability to satisfy In-house Registered Counsel requirements.
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $115,295.00–$175,824.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefitsWho We Are
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious - one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Virgin Galactic is committed to a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants post offer and active teammates are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This can include pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and accident related drug and alcohol testing.