One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
Keeping our systems, technology, and employees safe is a key priority for Viasat. As a Systems Security Engineer for classified systems, you will focus on providing technical support for Viasat’s Corporate Information Assurance Manager (IAM).The day-to-day
In this role, you will get to manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems; be responsible for IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems; provide technical and user support for several stand-alone, LAN and WAN systems; maintain records of HW/SW revisions, perform various configuration management activities, virus updates, set up of user accounts, reset passwords, etc., ensuring all actions are documented as required; participate in contamination network cleanup activities related to possible computer security violations/incidents; respond to queries and requests for computer security information and reports; may provide work leadership for lower level employees; and support various levels of activities for Viasat remote cleared facilities.What You'll Need
What Will Help You On The Job
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in the functionality of common software programs and systems hardware functions to include, but not limited to: Windows Client and Server Operating Systems (WIN 10, Win Server 2016, Win Server 2019); Sun Solaris, Linux (e.g., Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu); Active Directory; Group Policy, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Windows and Linux/UNIX integration, account creation, administration, troubleshooting, file system maintenance, and backup applications
- 2+ years of experience with the design, implementation, and administration of VMWare Virtual solutions
- Strong working knowledge of system backup and patch management software.
- 2+ years in a DoD, or other industrial security program and overall understanding of ICD 503, Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) and DoD Risk Manage Framework (RMF) process.
- DoD 8570.1/DoD 8140.01 Certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work well under pressure, good problem-solving skills.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility
- 2+ years of experience in managing Routers and Switches (CISCO certifications a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in managing Microsoft Exchange Server
- Experience working with vulnerability and compliance scanning tools. (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS)
$100,400.00 - $154,500.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.EEO statement
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.