One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
- Designing technical solutions to deliver new products and capabilities. i.e. Create evolutionary software/system architectures, design loosely coupled systems with well-defined interfaces that can evolve and provide business agility.
- Designing technical solutions that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable.
- Documenting and communicating those solutions clearly to DevOps teams for implementation.
- Engage in systems operations and apply learnings to design evolution.
- Learning and applying new technologies
What You'll Need
- Working closely with customers to understand their journey/user stories.
- These include but are not limited to delivering new products and capabilities as well as improving customer experience.
- Embracing the DevOps philosophy of product development, in addition to your design development activities you are also required to provide operational support of the post-production deployment.
- Learning and applying new technologies.
What Will Help You On The Job
- Experience designing and developing large scale distributed software systems to support replication, scaling, and communication between components
- Understanding of design patterns and capable of using data modeling techniques to drive design
- Experience with cloud computing technologies (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Understands and demonstrates the need for customer-centricity
- Strong networking knowledge (TCP, UDP, Multicast, IPv6)
- Strong curiosity and desire to learn
- Strong communication skills (verbal and writing)
- Willingness to dig in and help debug and resolve issues
- Ability to see both the broad and narrow picture
- 5+ years of relevant experience and 12+ years of overall experience
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.