One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
The role of the Senior Project Engineer is to provide engineering support on a wide range of turnkey telecoms projects. Primary tasks include: project management, systems design, preparation of engineering documents, testing and commissioning of telecoms systems. To be the lead Engineer for major SI projects and deputise for the Senior Engineering Manager in their absence.
Working in collaboration with the Project Management group to ensure the effective delivery of projects and services to SI customers and with the Sales Group to ensure the effective delivery of technical consultation and estimates for bids and proposals.The day-to-day
What You'll Need
- Compliance with Company policies, standards and regulations.
- Adherence with Company Values
- Management of a virtual project team, lead engineer for the project, supervise other engineers and technicians on the lifecycle of the project maximising utilisation of the available resources.
- The detailed design, production of project documents & drawings, configuration, pre‐fat testing, and conduction of client witnessed fats as required (PAGA, CCTV, ACS, Radio, LAN, WAN, SCS, IDS, etc.)
- To provide effective management of all the project stakeholders during the project lifecycle.
- Liaison with suppliers and third parties and assist the project management group to ensure the smooth and successful delivery of each project on time and budget, ensuring that all agreed customer requirements are met
- Assist the Project Management group with the successful delivery of each Project within timescale and to budget ensuring that all agreed customer requirements are met.
- Mentoring of Graduate Engineers and Engineers
- Support the Company Quality Program within SI operations to uphold the highest quality standards. Ensuring compliance and maintainability of the ISO certifications across the SI operations performing appropriate checks to audit/monitor adherence.
- Commitment to the HSE standards across all technical work groups that provides the appropriate training, awareness, and job planning for zero incidents and accidents, both in the office or customer worksites.
- Travel and attend customer meetings, project review meetings, FATs, vendor system testing; site installation supervision, site commissioning and witnessing SATs both on and offshore as required.
- Any other adhoc tasks
What Will Help You On The Job
- Degree in Engineering or relevant technical subject (Preferably in Electrical & Electronics, or Telecommunications) or extensive relevant experience.
- Professional Accreditation such as Chartered Engineer, MIET or working towards these.
- Experience in projects work and proven work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent
- Advanced level of Spanish
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels and participate in teamworking
- Capable of working under pressure and the ability to multi‐task effectively both independently and within a team
- Flexible and willing to meet customer requirements
- Experience with standard MS Office applications
- Travel may be required locally and internationally
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.