The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Aerospace Corporation’s Experiment Lab, xLab, develops prototypes, instruments, pathfinders, and demonstration systems to address our customers’ hardest problems at the speed of need. We engage with our customers to conceptualize innovative solutions and deliver impactful products for ground and space and everything in between. We are looking for engineers with a passion for design, a commitment to teamwork and a desire to help xLab make a difference to today’s challenges.
As an eCAD Librarian,
you will be managing xLab’s PADS eCAD library. You will create symbols, decals and 3D models for electrical and mechanical components used in the design of printed circuit boards. You will manage and troubleshoot the library and validate parts placed into the library.
This is a full-time position based in El Segundo, CA, offering a hybrid work model that combines regular onsite work and remote flexibility as the business needs allow.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will assist in creating, verifying, and adding parts models to the software library the electrical engineers use to design printed circuit boards.
- You will also assist in solving problems that may come up with the library and updating our troubleshooting documentation on Confluence
- The parts library is a critical part of the work we do and needs to be properly maintained to keep engineer efficiency high.
- Your primary job will be to maintain the library and assist engineers in adding parts.
- Secondary duties may include working with Confluence and JIRA, assisting with physical parts inventory and purchasing and may change as needed
This position is available as a Technical Specialist Information Systems I or Technical Specialist Information Systems II
What You Need to be Successful
Technical Specialist Information Systems I
- High school diploma or GED is required
- 2 years experience working with with eCAD PCB tools and libraries
- Ability to work and solve problems independently
- Ability to be organized and track multiple tasks and accomplish them in a timely manner
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Technical Specialist Information Systems II
Same requirements as a Technical Specialist Information Systems I noted above, in addition to:
- 3+ years experience working with with eCAD PCB tools and libraries
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Technical Specialist Information Systems I or Technical Specialist Information Systems II
- Associate’s Degree in a related discipline is strongly preferred
- 5 years experience working with eCAD PCB tools and libraries is highly desirable
- Experience with Siemens PADS eCAD software
- Knowledge working with Confluence and JIRA
- Familiarity working with SQL Lite
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$27.04 - $35.19 - $43.34
Pay Basis: Hourly
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.