Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, a leader in innovation, manufacturing, and operations in the satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast-growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking an experienced Proposal Writer
to join our growing team. Reporting to the Director of Bids & Proposals, the Proposal Writer will collaborate with capture and proposal management, engineering, and operations experts to author original proposal content on assignment from proposal design leads, researching the topic to aid strategy and technical development as necessary.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and schedule activities to align with varying deadlines of overlapping proposal writing assignments
- Assist in the creation uniform and standard repositories of technical information
- Prepare outlines and evaluate content against compliance matrices and requirements
- Generate technical writing products consistent with proposal plans, proposal schedule, outlines, and compliance matrices
- Prepare, develop and provide tools, templates, and guidance to document contributors to collect inputs efficiently and repeatably
- Able to write/re-write content and edit technical information received for proposals
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Basic understanding of satellites, space sensors and ground systems used for space assets
- Strong background in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with SOPs and Compliance documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and passion to invent and create new solutions, challenge the status quo, and drive positive change
- Ability and willingness to go above and beyond one’s comfort zone when it comes to learning about varying engineering disciplines
- Ability to work independently and with a high degree of detail in identifying, coordinating and generating key inputs for proposals and pursuit activities.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, self-starter, excellent problem solver and have excellent communication skills.
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Visio, and Project
- Experience with aerospace assembly integration and test
- Experience with automated document generation
- Must be detail oriented, organized, self-starter, excellent problem solver, have excellent communication skills and balance multiple activities.
- Comfortable and experienced in working with multiple levels of a collaborative team
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- 401(k) Match
- Unlimited PTO
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
Your actual level and base salary will be determined case-by-case and may vary based on the job-related qualification, knowledge, skills, education, and experience. In addition to base salary, we offer equity for each employee, 100% covered medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) match, unlimited flex time off, covered life insurance, maternity and paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, employee referrals, and lots of swag!
ABOUT TERRAN ORBITAL:
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellite products primarily serving the aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and on-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
An employee must meet the physical demands described to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to sit or stand for long durations of time, in addition to bending, reaching, and walking. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. This position is generally sedentary, with substantial computer usage.
The job operates in a professional office environment but in a manufacturing company. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and scanners.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may require a current United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].