Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.NEUTRON
Neutron is a medium lift launch vehicle capable of delivering the mega constellations of tomorrow, high assurance payloads, and human spaceflight. As a highly reusable launch platform, Neutron will deliver a highly cost-effective and reliable launch solution leveraging Rocket Lab’s proven execution history with the Electron program. If you’re interested in joining a high performing team and pushing the boundaries of humanity with a clean sheet, reusable launch vehicle, this is your opportunity!LEAD PROPULSION ANALYST
The Lead Propulsion Analyst position is based out of Rocket Lab's headquarters in Long Beach, CA. This person will lead a high performing team of propulsion analysts with a broad range of expertise covering thermal, fluids, structural and more . You will support the Neutron program and Propulsion department with solutions to tough technical problems and drive the vehicle design through the use of analytical methods.What You’ll Get To Do
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- Guide a small team of analysts with a range of backgrounds including thermal, fluids, structural, vibe, and more
- Serve as technical expert for the Neutron Propulsion team in one or more analysis fields
- Collaborate with others on the design team to finalize hardware designs that meet vehicle requirements
- Provide continued direction both internally with the analysis team and externally to members of the Propulsion department on highest value analysis, timelines and allocation of resources as the program evolves
- Support stage, engine and sub-system testing through data review and provide recommendations based on data and analysis
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or related field
- 7+ years experience with one or more analytical fields relevant to aerospace hardware development
- Sufficient familiarity with thermal, fluid, structural, vibration and life assessment best practices to provide guidance on analysis needs and limitations
- Experience hiring, promoting and retaining valuable team contributors
- Graduate degree with 10+ years experience in multiple analysis disciplines
- Familiarity with liquid engine qualification and certification using NASA-STDs 5012 and 5019
- Expertise in analyzing rocket engine pressurized hardware for static, thermal and dynamic loading through the entire life cycle
- Experience performing detailed nonlinear simulations including large displacements, plasticity, buckling and contact
- Knowledge of analysis considerations for additive parts
- Experience with leading and completing failure investigations
- Proficient with ANSYS suite of structural and/or fluid analysis tools
- Experience leading a team in a fast-paced aerospace development program
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Base Pay Range (CA Only)
$135,000 — $160,000 USDImportant Information
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here