Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.DIRECTOR OF CONTRACTS
The Director of Contracts will be responsible for contract administration and compliance across the Rocket Lab enterprise supporting multiple types of U.S. Government and commercial contracts to ensure we meet our contractual obligations and performance milestones.What You’ll Get To Do
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- Negotiate Government contracts, commercial contracts, non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements and IP licenses.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of Government and commercial contracts, including prime contracts, and serve as the key customer interface for any contractual changes, disputes, or requests for equitable adjustment during contract performance.
- Assist in proposal review and preparation in response to Government and commercial solicitations, and support program team members to respond to government and commercial requests for information/clarification during a procurement competition.
- Review, interpret and provide advice regarding contract provisions and agreement types.
- Manage invoices and payments with Government and commercial customers.
- Create and maintain contract and business files.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with Government and other customer counterparts.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years of contract administration or management experience, preferably with an established Government contractor.
- Extensive knowledge of Government contracts and contract types, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR), and/or the NASA FAR Supplement (NFS).
- Experience managing DoD and NASA prime contracts and/or subcontracts supporting DoD and NASA programs. Request for proposal (RFP) analysis and proposal preparation experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to articulate and effectively communicate contract compliance information to various levels of management and program teams.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Pay Range (CA Only)
$155,000 — $185,000 USDImportant Information
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here