For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
QA Analyst is responsible for the daily operations of the Quality Assurance activities in a program. Examines new products, components, assemblies, and related Engineering drawings and specifications to prepare the necessary plans required to inspect and verify compliance to specifications and customer requirements. QA analyst acts as an authorized Quality Assurance Representative on the Material Review Board and assist the board to make an appropriate disposition on the non-conforming material. Provides statistical charts or other means when necessary to present quality performance of the program or suppliers.
- Develop, prepare and/or revise quality procedures, directives, inspection and process instructions
- Evaluate and prepares report on Sub-Contractor/vendor quality and inspection provisions.
- Review and apply Quality provisions to procurement and manufacturing documents.
- Conduct Source Surveillance and acceptance.
- Support MRB meetings and provide assistance to the team to close NCRs
- Prepare End Item Data Packages (EIDP) and submit to customers.
- Work closely with programs and task area to review TR-Down reports and provide reconciliation to close all open item.
- Review supplier delivery documentation and verify completion of the job.
- Conduct supplier audit and evaluations.
- Monitors all aspects of manufacturing, integration, testing and packaging
- Perform, review and verify Mandatory Inspection Points (MIP) to ensure they are completed successfully.
- Conduct Manufacturing Readiness Review (MRR) to address all manufacturing issues prior to going into manufacturing of the product.
- Assist in CAR investigations and Root Cause Analysis to identify potential root causes of systemic non-conformances.
- Responsible to verify workmanship, product configuration and hardware documentation at the subcontractor/supplier, reviews in-house hardware documentation data
- Conduct Test Readiness Reviews (TRR) prior to acceptance or qualification testing and document any constraints and issues raised prior to implementing the test process.
- Assign the appropriate QA clauses to the purchase orders to ensure all QA requirements are addressed.
- Recognizes the need for and initiates corrective action on discrepancies in quality of products manufactured by/and or on behalf of the company.
- Prepare reports on corrective action activities, review product specifications and production orders for correct inspection and quality sequences and provisions.
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical competence preferably with Quality Certification (CQT, or CQE Preferred).
- Strong knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) to interpret engineering drawings.
- Five to ten years of experience in Quality engineering field in a highly regulated industry preferably Aerospace.
- Familiarity with quality standards (SAE AS9100D, ISO 9001) requirements. Experience with ISO13485 and N299 is an asset.
- Good knowledge of Metrology (using measurement devices) and ability to read CMM reports.
- Good understanding of product and process qualification using quality tools.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.