Omitron is seeking a facilities and hardware team lead to work on our program supporting satellite ground systems for the Space Systems Command (SSC), Kirtland AFB, NM. We maintain a secure operations center with multiple rooms and install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all IT and telecom equipment according to safety, preventative maintenance schedules and existing equipment protocols. This is a working team lead position, and the selected candidate will manage a small team of hardware and facilities specialists and help set priorities, identify daily activities. The ideal candidate will serve as an interface between the on-site government facilities management organization, various support contractors and vendors, local utilities and all other customers and stakeholders on matters related to customer requirements, project prioritization and execution.
The position requires frequent physical activity. Such activities include: ability to reach overhead, squat, and bend at the waist; the ability to lift boxes of 50 lbs. or more; ability to climb up and down stairs throughout the day; ability to stand for 2-4 hours at a time; ability to climb ladders; ability to work under raised floors; ability to tolerate working inside and outside in all seasons.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the primary hardware and facilities liaison for other contractors, vendors, customers and program staff
- Oversee the daily execution of work to ensure that customer requirements are accomplished on time, to the specified quality and within budget
- Perform technical reviews of mechanical engineering designs, calculations, analyses, drawings, or specifications to ensure compliance with project objectives or standards
- Assist in developing estimates for new equipment and major repairs
- Perform various duties to install and maintain equipment and systems
- Provide emergency and unscheduled repairs of facility and equipment and perform scheduled maintenance repairs
- Performs mechanic skills including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Coordinate with task order managers for resources and priorities
- Develop and report on metrics to support continuous improvement
- Manage various computer and network spares; identify spare requirements based on utilization and failure rates
- Manage a workshop with various IT network hardware tools
- Manage a storage facility with tools and supplies for supporting several ground systems within a classified area
- Anticipate about 10% travel to Schriever SFB and the greater Colorado Springs area over the course of a year
- Participate in on-call support, up to 25% of time a year. These duties can be shared with the hardware team, but the team lead must manage an after-hours schedule, to include weekends. When performing on-call, the individual must be sober and within the Kirtland AFB local area (response time of 60 minutes or less).
Required Skills And Experience
- Active DoD Top Secret with SCI eligibility and able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI throughout contract
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architectural Field or equivalent with 15 years of experience working with hardware/facilities associated with computer racks and work stations. Professional experience of 4 years may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge of facility operations and maintenance activities and procedures
- Experience supporting IT equipment, including cabling, racks, servers, switches, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to team with industry partners
- Demonstrated track record of adhering to tight schedules with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple and competing resources
- Demonstrated project management skills associated with managing performance, schedules, and adhering to control gates
- Conduct analysis and investigations using Failure Mode Analysis and Root Cause