The Global Government business unit is leading the development of INVISON, an innovative platform to improve access and management of secure government satellite communication to G2 customers.
The key duties are the coordination and documentation of all testing activities during each stage of the test process, as well as coordination with PMO and workstream leads on test planning and strategies. Authoritative guidance and advice to the test team is an important aspect of the job, as is advising on the practicality of the project.
Planning test activities:
- Plan test objectives and coordinate activities that help achieve them.
- Review the test policy and create an approach that aligns with the policies.
- Define the budget, testing timeline, testing cycle and defect management for the project.
Development of suitable test methods:
- Create a test strategy, outline the test methodology and tools for the project. The test methods depend on priorities and whether the tests are manual or automated.
- Define the test metrics for assessing and tracking the progress (to create a baseline for product quality).
Execution of the testing strategies:
- Lead the testing team to execute the test strategies, from product design analysis to manual and automated test processes.
- Define the test standards and completion of the objectives.
Technical management and coordination of the test team:
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the project team.
- Ensure effective communication on test processes and delegate work activities to each team member.
- Ensure everyone performs their duties and presents results on the test projects they undertake.
Reporting test activities and results:
- Document the testing process from planning to execution. The reports should provide details on the tests conducted to evaluate the quality and outcomes of the tests.
- Presentations to clients and stakeholders
- Provide recommendations on adjustments before a product goes into the market.
- QA and Testing
- Meeting project deadlines
- Coordinating people and teams
- Executing effective leadership
- Negotiating and networking
- Communicating in both a written and verbal form
- Being dynamic and self-motivated
- Handling work stress
- Conducting teambuilding activities
- Being persistent and resilient
- Achieving set objectives
- Working in a diverse environment
- Presentation and listening
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our culture and ways of working
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to behaviours that support our values, which create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – we provide a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – we take ownership, we deliver results, and we keep our promises
- Respect – we collaborate, we embrace and celebrate diversity and we value difference
- Excellence – we create bold solutions for our customers and put quality at the heart of everything we do
We also value and encourage a healthy work-life balance, so we offer flexible working wherever possible. Depending on the operational requirements of your job and your team, we can offer compressed hours (nine-day fortnight), hybrid office-remote working, and flexibility during your working day to take care of personal commitments.
At Inmarsat we want the best people for the job, and we warmly welcome applications from you if you’re suitably qualified and eligible, regardless of your sex, gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, gender identity, neurodiverse qualities, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity status.
Inmarsat is signed up to the Halo Hair Code, which aims to protect employees who come to work with natural hair and protective hairstyles associated with their racial, ethnic, and cultural identities.
To give you the best experience possible during your application process and interview, we can make adjustments. For example, if you’re visually impaired we’ll happily meet you locally and help you find your way to our office, or if you have neurodiverse qualities, we can provide you with additional support to help you prepare for your interview. Please let our Resourcing Team know if there are any ways in which we can support you.