Primary role purpose:
Government customers increasingly require secure self-service applications to manage and control their Satcom services. Such platforms create an opportunity to add value to the customer experience through increased data analytics, control of services and integration with value added applications. G2 would like to unlock the growth potential driven by these applications and systems.
The role holder is responsible for the long-term planning and evolution of G2’s product and solutions set within this Digital Platforms and Applications space and will be focused on developing product strategies to guide product development and investment in this area. They will act as the product owner for existing digital platforms and will lead the definition of future developments in this area.
As the role holder you will focus on:
- Innovation. The role will guide product innovation, across the digital and application spaces, to meet customer requirements and develop unique areas of competitive advantage that G2 can leverage. All innovation activities must be closely linked to G2’s strategic insights and support the execution of strategic plans and growth programmes.
- Capability Development. The role will be responsible for working across functions to: (i) explore and understand the market requirements and use cases; (ii) evaluate current and future Inmarsat technologies; (iii) propose digital innovations and document the business case for new developments; (iv) drive the development of new digital capabilities.
- Technology. The role will serve as G2’s digital authority within the business, while externally will interface with the wider industry, to explore the advancement of cutting-edge digital technologies and its applications for G2. Additionally, you will seek to identify new market opportunities for Inmarsat that can leverage our data rich environment into Application partnerships that can provide new growth areas for Global Government.
The role holder will manage and develop a team of solution architects and/or business analysts to deliver high-quality, timely outputs to fit the BU’s requirements.Qualifications
Within the BU:
- Lead the development and on-going management of an innovation roadmap that supports G2’s strategy and unlocks growth through new products in the digital space.
- Communication of G2’s Digital roadmap across the BU to ensure alignment of Sales and Operations plans with the roadmap.
- Working with all relevant stakeholders to identify market and business requirements, that you will subsequently translate, into Digital product specifications for implementation by internal or external development teams.
- Working with all relevant stakeholders across Inmarsat ensure that any new Digital product is robust (fit for purpose) and supportable and maintainable post go live.
- Act as the SME for Global Governments digital and applications offerings and act as the product owner for BU driven developments.
- Provide SME support for bids and offers, including contribution to the writing and publishing of bid documentation.
- Work across other BU’s and identify synergies in digital product requirements
- Engage with COO/IT on new technologies and advanced concepts to enhance G2’s roadmap and maintain alignment with central teams policies and initiative’s
- Be an evangelist for Global Governments digital strategy and product set, gaining support as required from senior stakeholders across the business for our plans.
- Work with key technology providers to understand and document key developments in the market, ensuring G2 is well placed to capitalise on new digital trends.
- Work with marketing to maintain and deliver appropriate market facing collateral regarding G2’s Digital offerings and future roadmap.
- With a view to unlocking new growth areas for G2, identify new market opportunities within the Digital space and evaluate opportunities arising from digital technology trends and integration with third party applications
- Any other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree qualified in a related IT/Software engineering role
- Product Management experience is essential.
- Demonstrable experience working in a relevant Software Development role or Software Product Management Role.
- Demonstrable ability to turn market trends and customer requirements into compelling digital product offerings.
- Good stakeholder management skills required to ensure necessary buy in across the organisation.
- Flexible / resourceful approach, independent problem solver
- Planning and project management skills.
- Excellent writing skills combined with high level of skill in using Microsoft Office products.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the satellite or telecom industry as product manager/owner
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our culture and ways of working
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to behaviours that support our values, which create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – we provide a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – we take ownership, we deliver results, and we keep our promises
- Respect – we collaborate, we embrace and celebrate diversity and we value difference
- Excellence – we create bold solutions for our customers and put quality at the heart of everything we do
We also value and encourage a healthy work-life balance, so we offer flexible working wherever possible. Depending on the operational requirements of your job and your team, we can offer compressed hours (nine-day fortnight), hybrid office-remote working, and flexibility during your working day to take care of personal commitments.
At Inmarsat we want the best people for the job, and we warmly welcome applications from you if you’re suitably qualified and eligible, regardless of your sex, gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, gender identity, neurodiverse qualities, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity status.
Inmarsat is signed up to the Halo Hair Code, which aims to protect employees who come to work with natural hair and protective hairstyles associated with their racial, ethnic, and cultural identities.
To give you the best experience possible during your application process and interview, we can make adjustments. For example, if you’re visually impaired we’ll happily meet you locally and help you find your way to our office, or if you have neurodiverse qualities, we can provide you with additional support to help you prepare for your interview. Please let our Resourcing Team know if there are any ways in which we can support you.