Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for an Administrative Assistant
on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Administrative Assistant Will
- Provide administrative support to Managers and staff by assisting with daily clerical office duties.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Manage calendars including sending meeting notices, resolving calendar conflicts, and finding free time for all meeting participants and consolidating meetings as appropriate.
- Prepare and post presentations and agendas for meetings.
- Reserve conference rooms.
- Maintain distribution lists.
- Setup and breakdown of meeting rooms.
- Make travel arrangements, provide support throughout the travel process, and process expense reports for both domestic and international trips.
- Process and track contract awards, training requests, purchase summaries, check requests, tuition reimbursements, and service requests.
- Maintain/track annual contract recognition award budgets.
- Aid in on-boarding and off-boarding personnel.
- Serve as organizational point of contact for miscellaneous administrative activities.
- Follow policies and procedures and complete administrative tasks accurately and on time.
- Participate and assist in preparing periodic contract activities that may fall outside normally scheduled work hours (e.g., contract events, ordering and picking up team meals).
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Requires two (2) years of college with courses in business administration or related field and two (2) years of progressive administrative experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Requires two (2) years of college with courses in business administration or related field and four (4) years of progressive administrative experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, customer service skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to keep information organized and confidential.
- Experienced with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and WebEx.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work in team environment.
- Prior NASA Human Spaceflight experience
- Experience with SharePoint
- Previous experience in event planning, administrative duties, domestic and international travel coordination, etc.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.