This Project Engineer role is a hands on technical lead role where you will work closely with Operations, Production, and R&D on continuing to build our test capabilities while improving existing test procedures and methods. You will be leading STE sustaining activities as well as new development and improvements. You’ll be interfacing with different department teams in order to capture and review product failures, drive process improvements, and streamline the test process. Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you able to adapt quickly to changing responsibilities? If so, please read on.
What you'll need
- 7+ yrs of experience within a manufacturing test environment developing, sustaining, and maintaining Specialized Test Equipment (STE). Must be capable of supporting multiple, simultaneous programs.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or other engineering discipline
- Strong understanding of RF components such as waveguide, cabling, power dividers and terminations and RF engineering principles such as linearity, NF, Gain and VSWR
- Ability to define and evaluate STE documentation (i.e. elevation and interconnect drawings)
- Expectation to provide technical guidance to multiple design teams, using problem-solving skills to isolate and resolve problems to keep progress on track
- Experience reporting schedules and budgets status on HW and SW programs
- Leadership, communication, organizational and management skills are essential
- Design discipline and rigor
- US Citizenship is required
- 10% travel
What will help you on the job
- MS in engineering discipline
- Active phased array antenna experience
- Familiarity with STE documentation to include, BOM structure, build processes, make vs buy trade-offs, etc.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated experience establishing development processes including automation
FAA safety sensitive
This is an FAA safety sensitive position, which requires participation in our Drug-Alcohol program, including pre-employment testing and random testing. It is an essential function of the position that the employee meets the safety requirements of the FAA.