The Accounts Payable Manager - Corporate Accounting will have superior attention to detail, be inquisitive and analytical, a self-starter, system savvy, and a collaborator. They will look for ways to improve and make the procure-to-pay process more efficient. Strong written and communication skills required. An ideal candidate will be a process-oriented individual who is also flexible enough to thrive in a growth-oriented environment while maintaining a strategic eye toward continuous improvement and employee development opportunities.
- Continuously evaluates, develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures, and policies including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Check and verify daily invoices for coding accuracy, review weekly payment reports and maintain Accounts Payable purchase orders and invoice subledgers
- Accounting knowledge will enable you to create associated journal entries, perform General Ledger account reconciliations, balance accounts payable records, and close accounts payable activities each month
- Understand the full P2P cycle to quickly identify the source of bottlenecks, and drive issues to resolution including impact and risk assessments and status reporting
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Payable Operations, including completing and overseeing vendor invoice vouchering, payment disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters, in a multi-country/multi-currency environment
- Ensure accounts payable operations comply with statutory requirements, company policies, processes, procedures, internal controls, and Finance objectives
- Partner with others to design and implement process and system updates in support of global initiatives
- Provide problem and invoice resolution assistance to vendors and internal company personnel with tact and diplomacy
- Prepare analyses, schedules, and presentations related to Accounts Payable to support audit requirements and cross-training efforts
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance (or relevant Business field).
- 5+ years of procure-to-pay and continuous improvement experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a managerial position.
- Solid understanding of domestic and international taxes related to invoice processing (VAT, GST, Sales/Use Tax).
- Experience with implementing and maintaining automated accounts payable system.
- Experience in a public multi-national company.
- Thrive in in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Account reconciliation and journal entry/review experience.
- Experience working with accounting & financial reporting systems, designing & implementing ERP systems, and SOX compliance.
- Organized and have meticulous attention to detail, superb time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and develop others, and motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Familiarity with supply chain operations, accounts payable, various payment forms and the procure-to-pay process, including experience in system or process implementations.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint.
- US citizenship
What will help you on the job
- Oracle or SAP ERP
- Certified Public Accountant
- Proficient technical accounting skills and solid understanding of GAAP