The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Do you want to make an impact that shapes the future of the most critical elements of the national security space enterprise? If so, join our department of dedicated and passionate design and analysis leaders at Aerospace! We are excited to solve tough problems and explore novel ideas, and we are driven to empower people to make a difference. We are searching for scientists and engineers with a passion for leading our highly skilled technical experts. Help us mentor our team members to help bring their performance up to the next level.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves!
A senior engineering specialist will directly make use of sophisticated simulation tools to perform design, optimization, and analysis in support of architecture concept development, requirements verification, analyses-of-alternatives (AoA), and performance modeling for space-based communications architectures. This technical leader will also mentor early- and mid-career staff, especially in the areas of effective engagement with customers, career development, teamwork, collaboration, analysis techniques, and data visualization.
What You’ll Be Doing
[5-7 bullets recommended]
- Lead teams of multi-discipline studies and analysis experts, coordinate complex technical tasks among expert team members, and translate customer needs into viable instructions for analysts
- Independently build skilled analysis teams, collaborate with peers, define project objectives and tasks, identify tasks for self and others, track performance, and complete projects
- Lead sustainment, development, and growth of the sub-division’s analysis and simulation capabilities to support new functional areas for a diverse customer base
- Provide expert advice on customer space communications architectures, including related ground systems and supporting technologies
- Independently develop and strengthen relationships with senior program office managers and customer senior leadership
- Use results to support recommendations for customer research, development, and acquisition decisions
What You Need to be Successful
- B.S. Degree in aerospace, astronautical, or mechanical engineering, physics, operations research, mathematics, or a related field of science or engineering
- Skilled in at least one of the following functional areas: computer-aided simulation and modeling, optimization and/or decision support, and software/simulation development (coding)
- Working knowledge in one of these specific national security space or intelligence mission areas: geo-spatial intelligence, signals intelligence, space surveillance, space protection, ground systems, or communications infrastructure supporting defense or intelligence capabilities.
- A history that shows personal accountability, a willingness to learn and self-correct, and an ability to adapt to changing customer expectations
- Familiarity with orbital mechanics, dynamics, or mathematics related to space satellites
- This position requires the ability to obtain security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Direct experience with the activities listed in the “job summary” and other “responsibilities”
10 or more years of relevant experience
- A graduate degree in the fields of study mentioned above, or significant, successful, firsthand work history in the functional areas or mission areas listed above
- Direct experience building working relationships with defense department or intelligence community customer leadership and extensive knowledge of their business practices, acquisition policies, and mission portfolios
- Current SCI access
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$149,000 - $167,000 - $185,000
Pay Basis: Annual
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.