Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, a leader in innovation, manufacturing, and operations in the satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast-growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer to join our growing team. Reporting to the Vice President of Systems & Payloads the Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading the development of key mission systems, communications subsystems, and innovative high-capability small satellites.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for technical ownership of the full product lifecycle from concept through design, manufacturing, test, and verification.
- Working with government and commercial customers to define system requirements and coordinate all technical aspects of the mission.
- Working closely with multidisciplinary engineering teams to develop optimal solutions to complex problems
- Developing system architectures that efficiently satisfy customer and internal requirements
- Performing system trade studies to balance risk, cost, and performance.
- Documenting architecture diagrams, system interfaces, requirements, flow downs, allocations, and verification methodologies.
- Preparing and leading system design reviews
- Support of business development activities, including architecture development, system analyses, and proposal inputs
- Additional responsibilities as necessary, including support of other program or product teams when subject matter expertise, review, or input is required.
Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical sciences
- 10+ years relevant experience in hardware development and systems engineering
- Demonstrated success developing high-complexity satellite systems or subsystems
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated success in technical leadership
- Meticulous attention to detail in design and documentation
- Additional preferred experience:
- Master’s degree in engineering or physical sciences
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Digital system design experience
- Phased array system design experience
- Communications system design experience
- Experience in technical management of complex subcontractors
- Familiarity with DOORS or similar requirements management software
- Experience with space system budgets including mass, power, and link budgets
- Experience with space system program lifecycles, development flows, test events, and verification and validation
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- 401(k) Match
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Range $150,000-$200,000
Your actual level and base salary will be determined case-by-case and may vary based on the job-related qualification, knowledge, skills, education, and experience. In addition to base salary, we offer equity for each employee, 100% covered medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) match, unlimited flex time off, covered life insurance, maternity and paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, employee referrals, and lots of swag!
About Terran Orbital
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellite products primarily serving the aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and on-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
An employee must meet the physical demands described to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to sit or stand for long durations of time, in addition to bending, reaching, and walking. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. This position is generally sedentary, with substantial computer usage.
The job operates in a professional office environment but in a manufacturing company. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and scanners.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may require a current United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].