Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, a leader in innovation, manufacturing, and operations in the satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast-growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking an experienced Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC) Manager
to join our growing team. Reporting to the Head of GNC,
the GNC Engineering Manager
will lead a team of engineers responsible for a wide range of GNC analysis, software, hardware, testing, and documentation in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, planning and execution of the necessary efforts to support projects, future pursuits, and programs. The GNC Manager is also responsible for functional requirements of staffing (manpower/resource planning), recruiting, training, talent development, engagement, and retention of employees. The manager proactively collaborates with functional and business leadership teams to support business growth and program requirements.
In this role, the selected candidate will communicate with internal and external stakeholders of the organization, including customers, vendors, executive leadership, and other engineering discipline managers, on GNC department statuses, proposals, and future work.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage direct reports from a human resource perspective, conduct team meetings, One-on-Ones, timecard approval, performance reviews, and interviews as necessary
- Coordinate with leadership to ensure appropriate engineering staff and resources are allocated to enable program execution
- Work with Program Managers and leadership team to prioritize tasks and timelines for GNC engineers to execute programs
- Identify and implement processes and tools to improve GNC department capabilities and efficiency in support of internal and external customers
- Prepare and present formal and informal reports and status to upper management on a weekly basis
- Ability to develop proposal estimates with a strong basis of justification.
- Provide inputs and evaluation of documentation for program milestone reviews
- Provide GNC subject matter expertise when required
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading and/or managing engineers
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in GNC Engineering
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, Jira, and software configuration management tools
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects; possesses strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and engage teams through innovation, collaboration, and mentorship initiatives
- Strong writing, presentation, and oral communication skills
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- 401(k) Match
- Unlimited PTO
Your actual level and base salary will be determined case-by-case and may vary based on the job-related qualification, knowledge, skills, education, and experience. In addition to base salary, we offer equity for each employee, 100% covered medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) match, unlimited flex time off, covered life insurance, maternity and paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, employee referrals, and lots of swag!
About Terran Orbital
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellite products primarily serving the aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and on-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
An employee must meet the physical demands described to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to sit or stand for long durations of time, in addition to bending, reaching, and walking. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. This position is generally sedentary, with substantial computer usage.
The job operates in a professional office environment but in a manufacturing company. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and scanners.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may require a current United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].