The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Facilities Mechanical Engineer will manage the design process for construction, including new buildings, remodels, and infrastructure renewal for The Aerospace Corporation. The Facilities Mechanical Engineer shall develop conceptual design and associated cost estimates, develop scopes of work and manage outside consultants required to complete the project scope within budget and defined schedule. Project designs shall include minor and major building remodels consisting of Wet and Electronic Laboratories, Clean Rooms, Computer Rooms, Restricted Temperature and Humidity Control Areas, Collaboration and Conference Areas, Offices, and Kitchens and major infrastructure renewal projects.
Hyrbid - El Segundo, CA
What You’ll Be Doing
- Establish initial HVAC and Plumbing scope, schedule, and budget for major HVAC infrastructure renewal and remodel projects.
- Prepare design and engineering Statements of Work (SOW) for obtaining proposals from outside designers and manage design consultants to deliver project within budget and schedule.
- Quality assure design documents from outside designers for compliance with SOW’s, company standards and code compliance.
- Coordinate the plan check approval process with the Local Jurisdiction.
- Work with Facilities Maintenance and the design team to create and maintain company HVAC standards.
- Provide Technical expertise to support Construction Project Managers during construction, including periodic site visits for verification of compliance with contract documents, codes and standards.
- Coordinate design project scopes with Construction Managers and internal architectural and electrical engineer team members.
- Develop life cycle cost analysis in major equipment and infrastructure renewal projects.
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Level III: Six or more years relevant experience
- Level IV: Ten or more years relevant experience
- Experience with construction blueprints and cost projections
- Experience with architectural design and space planning
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Knowledge of state building codes
- Vendor management experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$85,000 - $110,000 - $135,000
Pay Basis: Annual
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.